Here are the cuttings I used. They came from my garden and from the forest. You can use pretty much any type of evergreens. Mix different colors and textures to make your wreath look interesting.
It might be too early for Christmas decorations. But when my neighbour cut down his spruce and arborvitae and left a big pile of branches for taking I just couldn’t help myself.
This arrangement is really simple. I’ve used:
- A 3.5 inch (9cm) terracotta pot
- Soil to hold it all in place
- Cuttings from a spruce with cones attached to it. Any thicker everygreen branches would work. Pack it full!
- A few extra fake pine cones
- Fake apples for some extra color
- A gnome
An even smaller terracotta pot will serve as a home for this little Santa. I’ve used: